Anson - Jones Museum
The photo gallery requires at least Flash 9.0.28!
Please install the current FlashPlayer.
On February 27, 1882, the First Presbyterian Church began serving the religious needs of the city of Anson and Jones County, Texas for 100 years. The last of several locations used was built in 1929, located at 1300 Ave K. The congregation reluctantly dissolved in October 1983 when their numbers reached 10 and the part time preacher stopped coming from Stamford.
Shortly thereafter, the church was donated by the Palo Dura Presbytery to the City of Anson to be used as a museum to be named Anson-Jones Museum to honor the last President of the Texas Republic. Opening on April 21, 1985, the Anson-Jones Museum contains many items of interest from Anson and Jones County that have been donated over the years.
Volunteers staff the Anson-Jones Museum on Sundays from 2:00 – 4:00 PM. Please contact Bill Carman, President of the Anson-Jones Museum Board at (325) 823-3096 for more information or to schedule a time to come and visit. We look forward serving you.
Come to Anson and celebrate the Memorial Day with the Anson-Jones Museum / Anson American 5K Fun Run and Walk!